The Life Not My Own

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Headaches and Frustration

As many of you know, my husband and I are trying to buy a house. I say trying because we still haven't closed, due to no fault of our own or any questions about our financial situation. First HUD messed us up, and now we come to find out that the loan company has completely dropped the ball as well. And more than once, too.

We've had our closing date changed so many times I can no longer count them, and then we finally got in touch with a supervisor at the loan place and he promised to handle it personally and get it done so that we could close this coming Friday. Well, guess what? It's not going to happen..again. The person who is handling our loan is apparently completely incompetent and it's just been basically sitting on her desk for over a month. Suddenly last night she sends us a list of all these other documents we need, some of which we already gave her.

I feel bad, but I confess that I definitely wrote her a rather scathing email today. :embarrassed: Sometimes, however, you really have to assert yourself to get something done. I'm definitely the type of person to just let things slide, but when things build up to a certain point and I get angry I get :blush: very angry. I prefer to write these enlightenments into my frustration, simply because I have time to think about what I am writing and make sure that my point comes across exactly as I want it to. I start to use big words and make sure that my grammar is flawless. I even might, just might, call people irresponsible. Why do I do this? I have no idea. Maybe it's something to do with a desire to appear educated and knowledgeable. It might even have a hint of intimidation. Regardless, I am guilty of writing emails and letters like this. And I wrote one today.

Was I right in venting my frustration like this? Especially when I've really been feeling God saying to let go and let Him handle this? I don't know. All I know right now is that I have a big headache, and just want to go home and curl up with God's word in my lap and a cup of hot tea in my hand. Yes, I know it's miserably hot outside...too hot for a sane person to want hot tea. However, I firmly believe that tea was intended by God to be a huge stress reliever. That and chocolate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home