The Life Not My Own

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring in the Ozarks

It seems like ever since Christmas passed, I have been eagerly awaiting the coming of spring.  For this Arizona girl, cold, grey days of bare trees and dismal light are just about the most depressing thing ever.  I tried really hard to delight in the season, but now that spring is here I am SO glad!  Spring is especially marvelous here because it is so different from spring in Arizona.  Every new bloom, every greening tree is a new wonder to me.  The humidity here makes the smells of spring very noticeable, and I feel like spring is just all around me, warming me to my very core.  As I let the vitamin D soak through my skin, and breathe in the fresh, new scents I feel refreshed and revived, and it’s wonderful.

Without further ado, here are a few pictures I’ve been taking of spring here in the Ozarks:

Andy says these little beauties are the first signs of Spring, and they are covering the hills around our house!

DSCF2133 (2)

DSCF2139

DSCF2142 

DSCF2146

 

DSCF2147

Even Sam is enjoying spring…

DSCF2150 (2)

I am told these trees have an awful smell…

DSCF2153 (2)

DSCF2154 (2)

Magical dogwoods…

DSCF2171 

DSCF2175

DSCF2180

DSCF2183

Redbuds…

DSCF2188

DSCF2189

I’m also very excited because I have little seedlings growing…maybe I’ll FINALLY get to have an amazing garden!  I sure hope so, at least.  :) 

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home