The Life Not My Own

Monday, June 6, 2011

A Spoon Full of Sugar...and a Magic Eraser

I'm not one to go out and buy the latest cleaning products. In fact, I like to steer clear of them altogether in favor of more natural cleaners, like vinegar and baking soda. However, I have to say...I have found that "spoon full of sugar that makes the medicine go down" as far as cleaning goes: the Mr. Clean magic eraser.

The other day some friends of mine were talking and somehow it came up about the magic eraser. How on earth did we get on that topic? I have no clue, except to say that when you grow up, get married, and have a house to clean, and the majority of your friends now have kids, cleaning products suddenly become a very common topic of conversation. Anyway, my friend told me that she bought a magic eraser the other day and loved it so much that she went around cleaning the WHOLE HOUSE with it!

Now, I must say, I was skeptical. What on earth could possibly make you want to clean for the sake of cleaning?! Now, I like to have a nice clean house, but cleaning beyond what was necessary? Now that's just plain crazy!

However, I gave in today and bought one at the store and...I wanted to clean the whole house too! I used it on the tub, which has black stains on it that I had previously scrubbed and scrubbed until I thought I would never get them off. The stains are now gone, and with much less effort than I ever spent scrubbing them.

Yes, Mary Poppins was right...just a spoon full of sugar really does make the medicine go down. And a Mr. Clean magic eraser really does make you want to clean your whole house. You never know until you try!

1 Comments:

  • At June 6, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Anonymous Kristina said...

    Yes I know how you feel. I saw the add for the Magic spunge on tv and thought that they were just making it look better then it was. I thought that I would give it a try and I LOVE THEM! They work great to get crayon off of anything. It is so worth buying. Now my sister, sisters-in-law and my mom love them too! :) Happy House cleaning. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home