The Life Not My Own

Monday, September 12, 2011

One Thousand Gifts: Spontaneity

Spontaneity.  That pretty much sums up my week in a nutshell.  For those of you who know me, I am not at all spontaneous.  But being married to Andy has changed that somewhat.  He pushes me out of my comfort zone a lot…which is really good for me!  And when I say spontaneous, I’m talking about, “Hey, it’s 10 p.m., but let’s pack up and go to North Carolina in the morning for a few days.”  And we did.
This week wasn’t quite that extreme, but we still did a few spur of the moment things.  Monday we ended up driving down to hike Pinnacle Mountain with some friends.  Who did we run into coming down but some friends from our church!  And then we drove back up the mountain, and Andy played cards with some guys while the girls went to the baby pageant at the fair.  (That was an interesting experience for someone who’s never been to one!)
We look somewhat dumb in this picture, but it was the only one I had. lol!
DSCF2004
Beautiful view though!
DSCF2008
Then, on Friday, we decided to go camping for a night down at Greers Ferry Lake.  We biked a little, had fun camping out, and then listened to rednecks come in on the boat ramp at 1 am.  Yeah, not very much sleep on our part. :)
DSCF2021
DSCF2045
DSCF2068
DSCF2070
DSCF2071
Overall, the week was great.  Beautiful weather, no humidity, a great life…what more could I ask for?
51. Spontaneous hiking trips with good friends.
52. Being blessed by having some amazing young women in my life.
53. Almost being done with our kitchen remodel.
54. A new paint to cover the ugly grey-brown on the living room walls.
55. A spontaneous camping trip.
56. A refreshing afternoon walk on a clear, sunny day…perfect when everything seemed to be going wrong that day.
57. A fish fry in the park with good friends.
58. Baptisms at the creek.
59. A delicious supper cooked on the spur-of-the-moment.  Always good!
60. Dreaming about tomorrow with my very best friend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home