The Life Not My Own

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

For the Man I Love

Today my sweet husband turns 24.  I am so thankful for his twenty-four years, even though I've only been privileged to be a part of them for just over three.

I'm thankful for his parents who faithfully raised him and his five siblings up in the Lord.

I'm thankful for his dad who was such a good example of godly manhood.

I'm thankful for his mom who put up with three crazy little boys.

I'm thankful for his grandparents, who instilled so much in his life (and wholeheartedly welcomed me into the family as well).

I'm thankful for his siblings, all of whom still play a huge part in our life and family.

I'm thankful that Andy was homeschooled, and has the same vision for our own children.

I'm thankful that Andy got the opportunity to live in so many places, opening his eyes up to the world.

I'm thankful that he loves carpentry and home building...things that have been a huge blessing in the last couple of months.

I'm thankful that he worked hard as a teenager to pay for things, like trucks and insurance.

I'm thankful that he had the experience of owning his own cabinet shop.

I'm thankful that he learned about graphic design as well.

I'm thankful that he chose me.

I'm thankful for the opportunities he's had at Stone County Ironworks.

I'm thankful that he works hard to provide for us...and provide for us well.

I'm thankful that he, first and foremost, desires to serve God with all that he has and in all that he does.

I'm thankful that he has such a heart for college ministries.

I'm thankful that I'm married to a man who will be such a great daddy someday.

I'm thankful for the life we have together.

I'm thankful for every minute that I get to spend with my soulmate, lover, knight in shining armor, protector, companion, fellow worker, and best friend.

I'm thankful for my Andy.  Each day with him only gets better.

"When you are in love you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." ~Dr. Seuss

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home