The Life Not My Own

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Finding Joy in Monday

My mother-in-law calls Monday her re-entry day.  Monday’s can be hard and depressing sometimes…simply because it seems so long until Friday.  Yet, does it have to be that way?

Mission: Monday

Theme: Joy

Focuses:

-New beginnings

-Following the Lord each step

Meals: Healthy and Refreshing

House Chores:

-Organize coupons/meals

-Grocery shopping

-Errands

Work:

-Bills at SCI (my part-time office job)

-Post blog entries

Mind Enrichment: Spend time with God getting ready for the week

Body:

-Good, inspiring work out

-Sugarless Mondays (not really sugarless…just no special sugary treats or over-sugary foods)

Computer: Check email and Facebook (20 minutes max!)

Report:

My day started off pretty good.  I had intended to get up at 6, but didn’t sleep well the night before (naps during the day really throw me off), so I really didn’t get up until closer to 7.  I wasn’t supposed to do laundry today, but I never got it done last week.  I’m not usually such a slacker, but I still don’t have a dryer hooked up, so doing the laundry is a bit more time consuming and has to be done on sunny days.  So, I got a load in the washing machine ASAP.

After making tea for myself, coffee and breakfast my DH, and checking on the animals, I kissed my DH goodbye, and took the dog for our walk/work-out.  I’ve found a great road just a bit up from our house that goes down to a creek, and is very steep for a great work-out on the way back up.  I got home, put the first load of clothes on the line, watered the garden (by hand…my hose is about 5 feet short), and then hopped in the shower.  Needless to say, it wasn’t very early when I got all this done.  I then organized my shopping list and coupons, as well as got a list together of what errands I needed to do, and headed out the door to the Ironworks. 

Twenty minutes on Facebook and email actually went pretty good…and my mind didn’t hurt from the numbing effects afterward. :)

I worked at SCI, posted a blog entry, and did some necessary work, then came up for lunch with my DH.  I put some more laundry on the line, and then some sun tea out to steep, and was off again to more work and then on to the grocery store.  Then it was home again to put away groceries, drink some sun tea, fold and put away the laundry, put more laundry on the line (yeah, I was really behind), and tidy up the house a bit. 

Andy wasn’t going to be home for dinner, so I made something totally fresh and original that he probably wouldn’t like.  I started with some olive oil in a skillet, added red onions and heirloom tomatoes (both from the farmer’s market), as well as delicious red bell peppers.  Then I added some ground turkey for good measure.  I had some mustard seeds from some pickles I had made earlier, and added those as well.  Then I whipped up some quinoa, and mixed it in with my mixture.  I’m not sure what to call it, but it sure was good!

Finally it was off to my DH’s softball game, which I brought sun tea too, so I wouldn’t be tempted to get a soda.

All-in-all, it was a very productive and JOYFUL day.  It really didn’t feel like the normal, depressing Monday.  The only thing I wish I had done was spend time with God sooner (I didn’t get to it until after supper).  What does your Monday look like?

Next up, Showing Love on Tuesday.       

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home