The Life Not My Own

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Snakes in the Bathroom

I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.  Is that weird?  It wouldn't be if you knew why.

Last night my husband found a snake skin hanging from the rock next to the toilet in our master bathroom.  He insisted it hadn't been there earlier, and I'm pretty sure he's right...we would have noticed it.  Of course, that can only mean one thing: there's a snake living in our master bedroom, and apparently the crack between the rock work and the ceiling is big enough for a snake to go through.  Now we know why we haven't had any more mice.

Now, I don't mind snakes as much as mice, especially this one.  For one, Andy says it's not poisonous.  Additionally, it's killing the hated mice.  So, in a sense, I don't really mind it living in my attic or walls as long as it's getting rid of the little buggers.  I don't really like the thought of it being in my bathroom, though.  I'm afraid I'll be stuck on the commode with a snake coming down my wall.  Either that or I'll find it in my closet.  Or maybe in the shower.  Either way, it's just not my idea of a desired house guest.

So, what do we do about our uninvited guest?  I've never been in this predicament before.  After all, it's not every day you find a snake skin just hanging there on the wall in your bathroom.  On the other hand, we do live in a rural place where seeing a snake is about as common as seeing a raccoon.  Have you ever had a snake on the loose in your house before?  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home