The Life Not My Own

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Loving a Person

Sara Groves has a song that says the following: “Lovin’ a person just the way they are…it’s no small thing.” Those words have never rang out more true to me than now.

Don’t you ever wish you could just shake a person and say “wake up”, and that they would? The mistakes people make affect so many other people. It hurts when the mistakes of someone you love affect you. Especially when you’re a thousand miles away from them and can’t do anything. It is the most helpless feeling in the world. Worse than making the mistake yourself.

I know this probably makes no sense to whoever is reading this, but someday perhaps it will. Someday perhaps I’ll explain fully. But there will be at least one person who knows what I’m talking about and, to that person, I pray that you’ll hear my heart bleeding for you. Aching to just talk to you. Because I love you.

1 Comments:

  • At June 29, 2010 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't your experience, Caitlin, but I know the feeling. It's hard. Because you DO love, it's hard. (hugs)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home