The Life Not My Own

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Summer Approaching

It is finally starting to warm up a bit here in Flagstaff.  There are still huge piles of snow, but they are melting quickly into lovely little piles of gravel, and streams are springing up everywhere.  The days are sunny and one can finally go with just a sweater.  Summer is coming, and I can't wait.

This year, summer means so very much.  In less than two months, on a warm, sunny day in May (crosses fingers here), I will marry the man of my dreams, and my very best friend.  I will leave this place that has been my home for so long, and my wonderful family, and move somewhere completely different.  In Arkansas, there will be this amazing thing called humidity.  In Flagstaff, this strange wonder does not exist.  In Flagstaff my hair is fairly straight, and easily ruled in.  I don't really worry about it.  In Arkansas, something very strange happens to my hair.  It turns into something resembling a large ball of fuzz. 8O Unfortunately, my hair doesn't get much curlier...it just gets shockingly big.  Don't get me wrong...humidity does have its benefits.  I probably will never have to deal with skin so dry and cracked that it starts to bleed again.  Or feel the very life get sucked out of my bones as the crazy wind snatches up the last remnant of moisture in my body.  Yes, humidity is starting to look very good...once I figure out what to do with my new fro. :)

In all seriousness, though, so many good things await me in Arkansas.  Married life with my wonderful Andy. Getting to be the keeper of my very own home.  No more icky school and the stress that it brings.  Enjoying warm days beside my soulmate.  Aww, yes, it sounds like the life.  Summer sounds so good right now.

And so each morning as I wake up and find the sun coming up a little bit earlier, I am filled with hope.  Each time I actually begin to feel warm outside, my heart is warmed too.  I am in the midst of changing seasons...in so many ways.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home