The Life Not My Own

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Soon to Be Home...

So, I know a lot of people have been asking about the house that Andy have picked to rent.  Mountain View is a teeny little town, so the number of rentals available at one time is pretty rare.  Andy had been keeping his eyes open, just to get a feel for rental pricing and everything.  In October I was out there visiting for the weekend and we were in Mountain View for the Cartwright family reunion.  Andy and I were driving back from the ironworks to his family's rental "man cave" when I saw a sign that said "For Rent".  It pointed up a little road that went up a hill.  It seemed so inviting and intriguing.  I asked Andy about it and he said the sign was new.  Anyway, to make a long story short, Andy checked it out and it turned out to be the perfect place for us. So, Andy decided to go ahead and start renting it, even though we wouldn't be living there.  We didn't want to pass up the deal!

I've only seen our little home a total of two times, and both of those were very briefly.  Since the last time, in January, Andy has diligently been fixing it up and preparing it for his new bride.  He's even building me raised flower beds for a garden, since he knew that was my dream.  What a darling. :)

So, here it is...our own little house by the creek (it really is by a creek)!  These pictures are from Thanksgiving.  I have better pictures from the second visit, but they are sadly not on this computer.  So, I'll just have to post more later!

I just had to start with a picture of this beautiful little sign holder that Andy made for me!  I love suflowers...and he knows it.


This next is actually one that Kevin Thomas took, I believe, shortly after Andy started renting it. 

This one is Kevin's too.  This is our front yard.  This picture doesn't show it, but there's even a magnolia tree right outside our window!


Here is our cute little kitchen.  There's now a washer and dryer in there (which I have yet to see), and a few more kitchen things.  Doesn't it have such wonderful potential?


And the cutest little kitchen window...Andy's going to put bird feeders outside it for me. :)


The living room.  Sorry it isn't a great picture.


Guest room

Awesome weight machine that takes up the whole "man room".  Love it!

And the bathroom...

So, there's still more pics to put up, but it's a start anyway.  Everything was already looking really different in January, and I'm sure it's really different now with all Andy's work.  I can't wait to turn it into our own little home!

Blessings,

Caitlin

2 Comments:

  • At April 3, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It looks like a billion times better now...we need to update our pictures! :) Great blog, though.

     
  • At April 5, 2010 at 11:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aw, it looks very cute. Definitely lots of potential! Can't wait to see pics once you've completely made it home for you two!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home