The Life Not My Own

Monday, January 9, 2012

One Thousand Gifts: A New Year?

Seriously, where has the time gone?

I should have known that I wouldn't have time for blogging and keeping up the house during the Christmas season.  I just thought I would.  But obviously I didn't.


After being gone for the better part of two weeks, first spending Christmas in Arizona and California, and then  taking our college group to Passion 2012 in Atlanta, I can definitely say it's glad to be home.  Now comes the "re-entry", as my MIL calls it, into life.

And yet, I don't want to go back to the same-old, same-old.  After all that's happened, I want to be different...changed.


Lord, may you lead us as we get back to life.  Show us what we need to cut out and what we need to add.  And most of all, let us not be the same.

181. Getting to be home in our own cozy bed...for the first time in awhile.
182. The lasting memories of spending Christmas with my family.
183. The beginnings of healing.
184. Learning that being like Jesus is not being religious.
185. Spending four wonderful days getting fed...and leaving changed.
186. Getting to have my sister here for a visit...knowing that the next may be awhile away.
187. A baby sister who turned eighteen on Saturday.  Can this be true?
188. Knowing that there is a miraculous life within me.
189. Not caring about the "inconveniences" that pregnancy brings, but instead being happy to take them on for the sake of my growing babe.
190. Having a husband who I can follow, no matter what...and who doesn't want to live the same old way either.

And lest you ask for pictures and updates on baby, more is coming...soon.  I have so much to share with you about our time out west and back east!  So stay tuned! Baby Baker is nine weeks along now and my first doctors appointment is tomorrow, so I expect you'll be hearing more in the next few days.

God bless in this upcoming week, and as you enter this new year.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At January 9, 2012 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

    The lasting memories of spending Christmas with my family... YES!! That is such a wonderful gift. Those memories are priceless. So happy and excited for you and the little one on the way. Congratulations!

     
  • At January 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    fantastic to hear about the baby!!

     
  • At January 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM , Anonymous Stefanie Brown said...

    Visiting from Multitudes on Mondays...

    Although your holiday was busy, it looks like you had a wonderful time! So thankful our Heavenly Father is interested in every aspect of our lives and longs for us to enjoy it.

    Have a wonderful week...

     
  • At January 9, 2012 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Leanne said...

    congrats :) I think part of the reason that I took a sabbatical from my blog through Advent (and then some) was because of the time commitment...

     
  • At January 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM , Anonymous Rebecca said...

    You have a little pea in the pod? How exciting! And getting back to your own cozy bed is one of the best things about coming home from a trip. I love that you are following your husband and this simple act of opening our eyes to the gifts around us and writing them down is transforming!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home