The Life Not My Own

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One Thousand Gifts: The Christmas Season

The Christmas season is upon us, and I’m loving every minute.  The beautiful decorations, the Christmas carols, the cozy mood…not to mention celebrating the birth of our Savior.  It’s a wonderful time of year!  What would winter be without Christmas?

It’s also been a busy season for us.  Christmas tasks and house projects have our schedules filled to the brim.  It’s nice to take the time to enjoy the season, though.  Sunday afternoon it was rainy and chilly, so my husband and I snuggled up on the couch with a blanket, warm chili, and hot chocolate, and just enjoyed being together.  All of our Christmas decorations aren’t up, and we still have gifts to buy, but we’re enjoying the time given to us.

151. The wonderful smell of a freshly-cut tree.
152. Hot chocolate on a rainy winter afternoon.
153. Extra parties and celebrations with friends.
154. Singing along to my favorite Christmas carols.
155. Looking forward to extra time spent with family over the holidays.
156. Already having decorations and things to put up…especially our “Our 1st Christmas” ornament.
157. Colorful Christmas lights on our house.
158. Cozy nights spent by the fire.
159. Nieces that are now at the hospital in Minot…one step closer to going home!
160. Fallen leaves and cold weather that remind you of new life that’s right around the corner in Spring.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At December 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM , Blogger {MrsH} said...

    Hi! I am visiting your blog from Ann's and I am glad I did! I see that you too are a newlywed - well maybe still calling myself a newlywed is a bit of a stretch but I pray that the newness and wonderfulness of marriage never fade for me! I am especially liking your #152 and #154 :0
    Thanks for sharing and God bless
    MrsH

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home