The Life Not My Own

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

10 Things I Love About You

DSCF2110

I grew up observing marriages.  Some couples seemed incredibly happy and other seemed very unhappy.  Almost always, their happiness was not related to the challenges in their life, but how they faced them.  Without fail, the couples that were unhappy did not seem happy when they were together.  These same couples were critical of their spouses and, quite frankly, not very nice to them.

At a very young age, I decided that when I got married, I wouldn’t be like that.  I was determined to prove that marriages don’t have to be unhappy struggles.  Yes, there are hard times, but they should be something to work through together…not something to fight each other about. 

With that in mind, I’m delighted to get to participate in Newlywed’s Bliss’ 10 Things I Love About You link-up.  How often do we get to brag on our spouses about the wonderful things they do, and the amazing people they are?  After all, it’s all about focusing on the good instead of the bad!

So go over, check it out, and link up.  It's gonna be great!



For my Andy:

1.) I love how you work incredibly hard outside of the home to provide for us, so I don’t have to.  I know that, no matter what, you will always provide for the needs of our family!

2.) I love that you’re so dedicated to getting your degree.  I’m so proud of all the hard work you put in!

3.) I love that you’re such an amazing handy-man.  You can build and fix anything, and if you don’t know how to do it, you learn how.  It’s so fun to get to show off all the amazing things you do in our home.

4.) I love the fact that you are an artist.  It makes you see the world differently than most, and you’re not afraid to be creative. 

5.) I love that you have such a heart for serving in the church.  Whether it be in the college Sunday school class, the media booth, or the nursery, you always put your whole heart into it.

6.) I love that you’re so giving with your money.  You certainly balance me out!

7.) I love that you’re so mature, and that you know when to be serious.  People trust you with things that they would normally on entrust to older men.  What an incredible honor!

8.) In the same token, I love that you’re also so fun loving and spontaneous.  I remember not too long after we were married, I was standing at the door being grouchy while you got ready to leave.  It happened to be pouring, and you just grabbed me and pulled me out under the gutter and kissed me.  At first I was so mad.  Quickly, however, my anger turned to laughter and a smile…all thanks to you!

9.) Your grandmother once told me that “still water runs deep” with you.  I love that about you.  You have such a depth of soul.  Although you may seem quiet and reserved on the outside, I know that you are really pondering something deep and long.  That’s just the way you are!

10.) I love that you are so devoted to God, and that you trust His plan no matter what.  Thank you for being such a great spiritual leader through your commitment to Christ!

Stay tuned for more next week!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home