The Life Not My Own

Sunday, January 17, 2010

An Intro of Sorts

Since I'm starting this blog here, I decided that I should probably introduce myself.  I know from reading other people's blogs that, well, people like knowing a little about who is writing.  It's the nosy Mrs. Lynn in all of us. :) I am, self-admitedly, one of those people.  So, here is my contribution:

My name is Caitlin and I am engaged to the most wonderful man in the world, Andy Baker.  (Yes, that comes first, as it is a BIG deal in my life right now).  We are getting married in just a few short months after a seemingly endless engagement...it will be over thirteen months total.  Andy daily blows me away by how wonderful he is.  God has given me a man that goes far beyond my wildest dreams!  He is tall, handsome, the hardest worker I know, in love with my Savior, and ever so good to me.  I could go on forever about him!  (And I'm sure this blog will contain a lot of Andy. :) ) God brought us together from thousands of miles away.  Let me just say, He is SO good!!!  

I'm twenty years old and currently living at home with my parents and three younger sisters, all the while pursuing a degree in Elementary Education.  This is my last semester of classes, and then I student teach in the fall.  So exciting! 

Before you think that I've always been an aspiring public school teacher who wants to be in a school for the rest of her life, I'll let you in to a secret:  I was homeschooled.  Yes, you read that right, homeschooled.  And I loved it.  And I am SO grateful to my parents for pulling me out of public school.  And I am most definitely going to homeschool my own children.  The whole reason for my getting my degree in education was so that the government could never question my capability of educating my own children.

Want to know another secret?  I actually LIKE teaching.  Isn't that the surprise of all surprises!  So, while I can't wait to be a stay-at-home homeschool mom, I won't mind actually teaching for a few years until God blesses Andy and I with little ones.  It's amazing how God has given me such a heart for the kids in the schools!  He certainly knows what He is doing! 

Last, but certainly not least, I would be nothing if not for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  He is my All-in-All, my Rock, my best friend, and the Lover of my Soul.  I'm just crazy about him. :)  My prayer is that I would be a light for Him in all that I do...letting Him work through me to change the world.  I pray that He would use this blog as a tool for His plan.  To Him alone be the glory!

Anyway, this is just a little about me.  If you actually read all that, I applaud you.  If you fell asleep, I don't blame you.  Either way, you hopefully know a little more about me now...hopefully at least my name. :)

In Christ,

Caitlin < that's my name in case you missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home