The Life Not My Own

Thursday, June 14, 2012

He Knows

Monday I had a another baby doctor appointment.  Honestly, it feels like I live there lately, I’m there so much.  In 2 1/2 short weeks I’ll start going every week (I’m every two weeks right now).  Did I mention it’s a 45 minute drive one way?  So, yeah, I’ll be putting a lot of miles on my car.  I guess that just means I’ll be that much closer to the drive where I actually get to take Baby B home, though, so it’s worth it! ;)

Anyway, Monday was one of my frequent treks.  Andy goes with me as much as he can, but he can’t always take off work just to spend 2 hours in the car, 30 in the waiting room, and then 5 in the appointment.  hehe!  This particular Monday one of my best friends was going (to the same doctor at the same time) to find out if her little one was was a boy or a girl.  I was going to just ride with her and her husband, but Andy decided to come at the last minute.  I am so thankful he did.

Everything seemed okay until they measured me.  I was only 30 cm (at 32 weeks).  Still within a good range, but since I was 30 cm two weeks ago too, the doctor was a little concerned.  So, lo-and-behold, I got another ultrasound!  Baby B measured just fine (actually a few days ahead!), so apparently I just hide him well.  That may be why it feels like my ribcage is going to explode from upward pressure.  Anyway, I was so glad that Andy came at the last minute.  I was definitely a little nervous waiting for the ultrasound (although everything else seemed to be fine, and Baby B is a very active little boy).  Andy was such a wonderful support.  Plus, I would have hated to get to see Baby B again without him! 

We didn’t see much this time…just a very cramped little boy itching to get out of there.  We did get a good view of his sweet little profile, however.  Andy thinks he has my nose…poor kid.  Most of all, we got piece of mind that he’s safe and healthy inside of me for a few more weeks. 

So, long story short, on the drive home I realized how Andy’s getting to come was totally a God thing.  Yes, on any other visit riding with my friends would have been just fine.  And how was I to know this visit would be different from any other?  I didn’t.  But God did.  He is so faithful and good, isn’t He?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home