The Life Not My Own

Monday, January 23, 2012

One Thousand Gifts: A New Week

For some reason, every Monday is exciting to me.  It’s a chance to start everything afresh…a chance to start from scratch.  It’s so refreshing to have the opportunity to not waste as much time and be more productive, to live each day for Christ. 

So often, at the end of the week, I find myself wishing I could go back in time.  I wish I hadn’t wasted so much time on Facebook or watching t.v.  I wish I had gotten that chore done I needed to do, or wish I had done a better job with meal planning.  But there’s no going back, only pressing forward.

And that’s why, when Monday rolls around, I’m thankful to be able to start it all over.  I’m hopeful that the end of this week won’t find me regretting the way I spent my time so much.  And yet, I’m learning how meaningless so many things on my “to-do” list are.  I’m learning to take each day as it comes, asking God what He wants me to do in it. 

When you start a week knowing that the last one was chock full of God’s path for you, the new week becomes all the more appealing.

201. Hot chocolate on misty days.
202. Making a meal that makes me say “Mmm”. (That would be homemade stir fry. :) )
203. Omelettes made by my man before I head off to work.
204. Enjoying being young and spontaneous with my best friend.
205. The peace that comes with knowing that God is watching over us.
206. Sweet hugs from kindergartners.
207. A mice-free kitchen…even when we’ve had mice in other parts of the house!
208. A man who takes care of the mice for me at 3 in the morning.
209. A weekend to relax and rejuvenate with my sweet husband.
210. For another week to let God live in me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At January 23, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    This is a VERY uplifting post! Thanks for reminding me to start fresh :)

     
  • At January 23, 2012 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Rebecca said...

    I agree wholeheartedly. I spend way too much time blogging about my knitting projects. The Multitude on Mondays post really helps me see where my priorities ought to be and is one post that I think is of eternal value. Wishing you a very fresh start this week! (and me, too!)

     
  • At January 23, 2012 at 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Starting over on Mondays . . what lovely perspective when most people call them manic Mondays. Sounds like you are enjoying this time with your husband, before life becomes full. Those are precious years together.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home