The Life Not My Own

Monday, July 7, 2014

Baby Girl Fashion

I have never been terribly picky with Miles' clothes.  Many of his clothes were hand-me-downs or consignment finds, with some adorable brand new things thrown in for good measure.  But...I really have always loved finding cute outfits for him.  I may or may have not spent more than I should have on some suspenders and a new white dress shirt for this past Easter, just because I couldn't help myself.  :smile:  I've carefully and saved all of his clothes that didn't get ruined or stained and then learned that we were having a girl.  Surprise, surprise!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole "having a girl" thing, but lately I've been looking around at baby girls (and picking up a few things).  I'm getting more and more excited.  hah!  I'm really trying to simplify things and keep clothing to a minimum.  I counted recently and Miles literally had 30 0-3 month onesies...what a waste!  It's definitely not easy, though.

I've never been into the big bows and giant ruffles and gobs of pinks for little girls.  No offense if you are, but it's just not my style!  When we were little my sister loved lace and tea parties.  I, on the other hand, was busy pretending I'd tamed a wild stallion.  So, yeah...no surprise that that reflects how I'll dress my baby girl.

Anyway, here are some things I've picked up or found that I love:

As you can see, Baby Girl Baker is already getting lots of cute outfits from her Aunts and Grandmas...



Don't tell my husband I told you, but he actually saw these cute onesies and insisted we get them.  We really didn't need any more onesies, but they when your big tough husband picks out clothes for his baby girl, you can't really say no.  Plus...how cute are they???



I picked up these sleepers on clearance because I love yellow and grey...and the elephants?



Miles insisted on being the model for these little booties (he says they are for "seestah" I found on clearance.  Miles' first winter he pretty much never wore shoes, but these looked warm and the elastic actually might keep them on her feet.


These bows were also clearance finds.  Like I said, I'm not into giant bows, but these dainty little things were just my style (not sure why the pic is sideways).


I don't have any like these yet, but I love these cute retro-style headbands as well.


You can't see these very well because my model got a little antsy, but I did go through Miles' clothes and pick out the things I thought would work for baby girl as well.  Like, these striped onesies.  With leggings or tights these would be definitely girly enough.



I found this post and, for the most part, I loved all these ideas and outfits.  The one exception being that I probably won't be putting a belt on my baby girl...too impractical for playing!


Here are a few more things I pinned on Pinterest.  Pretty much things that are girly and sweet without being too over-the-top.  Adorable, no?

All of this inspiration is really getting me excited for my sweet baby girl to get here. 25 weeks today! PS: You can also follow me on Pinterest to see more baby girl clothes and ideas.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home