The Life Not My Own

Friday, March 1, 2013

6 Months Plus Some

I've been really bad about blogging lately, I know.  I had a 4-month update on Miles all ready to go, all I needed was pictures.  I never got around to adding them.

And then he hit five months and the four months post no longer seemed necessary.

And then he hit six months, and I really wanted to do a big post about him being half a year old.

And here we are, three days away from seven months and even that post hasn't happened.  What can I say?  He keeps me busy!  That, and life's been busy with my husband's job, more house remodeling projects, spur-of-the-moment trips, family visiting, and a billion other things.

I am excited to say, though, that after almost three years of marriage, my husband surprised me yesterday by getting me permanent internet at home.  Up until this point we've been making it with free wifi at public places and the wifi hotspot on my husband's phone (which, of course, I could only use when he was home).  That and my smartphone.  I'm not sure I could have made it these last almost-seven months without that lovely connection to the outside world!

But, now that I've actually got internet here, I'm hoping that blogging will become a lot easier.  Or at least do-able.

So, anyway...Miles.  Yep, he's almost seven months old.  I know every mom says this, but, seriously, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?  I look back at pictures of this tiny little newborn and can hardly believe that that is the same little boy who now gets up all the way onto his hands and toes (not just knees), sits up by himself, and wears 12-month Lightning McQueen jammies to bed.

I mean, seriously guys...they grow SO stinkin' fast! It seems like every morning he wakes up looking older and able to do more.  And it's the neatest thing.

For those of you who know Andy and I in real life, this shouldn't surprise you, but we have a tall, lean kid on our hands.  At his six month check-up he was at the 90th percentile in height and the 50th percentile in weight.  Considering the fact that his pants have gotten even shorter since then, it's safe to say that we have a tall boy on our hands.  But, seriously...did anyone think we'd have a short kid???

It's already becoming obvious that Miles is also a definitive extrovert.  He loves people, especially other kids.  When we're at the grocery store and he sees someone walk by, he starts chattering at them incessantly because, of course, everyone is here to talk to him.  Don't try to tell him differently...he won't believe you.

The only thing surprising about this is that Andy and I are both introverts at heart.  So, of course, we somehow get the loudest, most people-curious kid at church.

Aww, but then there's lovely object permanence.  I think it hit a little early with this kid.  For a couple months now he's started the crying for mama thing.  You know how it is: you feed your baby, drop them off in the nursery at church, and then 45 minutes later they come and get you saying they think he's hungry.  But, as soon as you get them, the crying stops.  Somebody was definitely not hungry...he just wanted Mama.

I'm one of those that loves this, though.  I love being the one he wants...the one that makes him feel safe, protected, and loved.  I know it will only get harder from here, but for right now I'm soaking up every moment.

Anyway, hopefully I can update you a little more frequently.  I have so many things on my heart that I want to share with you!  I just haven't been able to get it typed up.  But hopefully that changes today with this new modern convenience called internet.  Woohoo!

And, to satisfy all the relatives out there...here are a few pictures of our boy who's growing way too fast:

Big 6 Month Old!

He loves his Papa!

Sweet smile


I don't know where this kid gets these expressions!


In his chair from Grandma!


Wearing his new big boy jammies!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At March 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh my goodness! I cannot believe how big he is! It doesn't seem like that long ago that I checked your blog and discovered the birth announcement. He's a handsome lil' tyke. :) Blessings to you, Miles, and Andy!
    -Alison

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home